Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:39 am

Post subject: EVIL SPIRITS
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:22 am 
Site Admin

EVIL SPIRITS Written By: CK Quarterman

The Bible teaches that there are “Foul spirits”.

1. UNCLEAN SPIRITS:

~Matt 10:1~ (~Mark 6:7~) “(Jesus) …he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out,…..” Chains 300x211 150x150 EVIL SPIRITS

~Mark 5:8-9~ “(Jesus) For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit. And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.”

~Acts 8:7~ “For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them:”

2. FAMILIAR SPIRITS:

Those with “Familiar spirits” are the ones that people sometimes go to, in order to know the future.

~Lev 19:31~ “Regard not them that have familiar spirits, neither seek after wizards, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.”

~Lev 20:6~ “And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.”

3. A SPIRIT OF DIVINATION:

This “spirit” is stronger than “Familiar spirits”, but is very much like it. (1Thess. 2:5)

~Acts 16:16~ “And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:”

~Ezekiel 12:24~ “For there shall be no more any vain vision nor flattering divination…..”

~Ezekiel 13:7~ “Have ye not seen a vain vision, and have ye not spoken a lying divination, whereas ye say, The LORD saith it; albeit I have not spoken?”

4. DUMB & DEAF SPIRITS:

~Mark 9:25-26~ “When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him. And the spirit cried, and rent him sore, and came out of him:”

~Mark 9:29~ (You need to fast and pray to deliver Dumb & Deaf spirits) “And he (Jesus) said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.”

5. EVIL SPIRITS:

~Luke 7:21~ “And in that same hour he cured many of their infirmities and plagues, and of evil spirits; and unto many that were blind he gave sight.”

~Luke 8:2~ “And certain women, which had been healed of evil spirits and infirmities, Mary called Magdalene, out of whom went seven devils,”

6. THE SPIRIT OF WHOREDOMS:

This “spirit” can cause two types of “Whoredoms”; ‘spiritual’ Whoredoms which leads to idolatry

Ex. 34:14-16; Eze. 14:3-5, and ‘physical’ Whoredoms which leads to fornication & adultery.

~Hosea 4:12-13~ “My people ask counsel at their stocks, and their staff declareth unto them: for the spirit of whoredoms hath caused them to err, and they have gone a whoring from under their God. They sacrifice upon the tops of the mountains, and burn incense upon the hills, under oaks and poplars and elms, because the shadow thereof is good: therefore your daughters shall commit whoredom, and your spouses shall commit adultery.”

7. THE SPIRIT OF JEALOUSY:

It causes a lack of trust, and suspicion of everyone and everything. It can cause the person to become violent and have fits of rage and anger. (Prov. 29:22)

~Num 5:14~ (~Num 5:30~) “And the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be defiled: or if the spirit of jealousy come upon him, and he be jealous of his wife, and she be not defiled:”

~Proverbs 6:34~ “For jealousy is the rage of a man:”

8. THE SPIRIT OF BONDAGE:

This is the “devil” that can cause people to become addicted to drugs, alcohol, tobacco, etc

~Rom 8:15~ “For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.”

~Gal 5:1~ “Stand fast therefore in the liberty wherewith Christ hath made us free, and be not entangled again with the yoke of bondage.”

9. A LYING SPIRIT:

This is the “spirit” that may be the cause of habitual lying, particularly in young people.

~I King 22:22-23~ ~2 Chr 18:21-22~ “And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so. Now therefore, behold, the LORD hath put a lying spirit in the mouth of all these thy prophets, and the LORD hath spoken evil concerning thee.”

~Prov 6:16-17~ “These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood,”

~Prov 12:22~ “Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.”

10. THE SPIRIT OF FEAR:

~2 Tim 1:7~ “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.”

~I Jn 4:18~ “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.”

11. A SPIRIT OF INFIRMITY:

This “spirit” is the cause of many people’s sicknesses and infirmities. When they get delivered, they usually get healed.

~Luke 13:11-13~ “And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself. And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity. And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God.”

12. A BLIND SPIRIT:

~Matt 12:22~ “Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw.”

13. SPIRIT OF ANTI-CHRIST:

~I Jn 4:3~ “And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.”

14. SPIRIT OF ERROR:

~I Jn 4:5-6~ “They are of the world: therefore speak they of the world, and the world heareth them. We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.”

15. THE HAUGHTY SPIRIT:

Causes people to feel great pride in themselves, and to trust too much in their own understandings.

~Prov 16:18~ “Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.”

16. SEDUCING SPIRITS:

These are the worst kind of spirit, they whisper sweet seducing things into the believers ears, teaching them false doctrines and leading them away from the faith.

~1 Timothy 4:1~ “Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;”

CONCLUSION:

~1 Cor 12:7-8, 10~ (First, ask the Holy Spirit for the “discernment of spirits”) “But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal. For to one is given by the Spirit… To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits”

What about Christians? We have no doubt that Christians can be influenced, harassed, oppressed, or be in bondage to devils there is no doubt, otherwise the admonition to put on the whole armor of God would make little sense, and all the warnings about deceptions and resisting the devil would be a waste of space. Casting out devils is a very simple process. It is a matter of knowing and exercising your authority through Christ’s name! The actual principal of casting out devils is very simple and strait forward. The basic requirement is that you are a Christian filled by the Holy Ghost, you know the authority you have in Christ over those spirits, and that you are prepared to exercise your authority through faith.

Here Jesus cast out devils by name:

~Mark 9:25~ “When Jesus saw that the people came running together, he rebuked the foul spirit, saying unto him, Thou dumb and deaf spirit, I charge thee, come out of him, and enter no more into him.”

~Mark 5:8~ “For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.”

Offline Profile