Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:09 am

Post subject: Tongues
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

Tongues

Quote:
The Bible seems to mention two different tongues coming from the same source of the Holy Spirit.

Here is a quick explanation (the best I can do this morning ) in “Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may pentecost Tonguesinterpret. For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful. What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also. (1 Corinthians 14:13-15) It seems this isn’t the Gift of Tongues mentioned in the 12 Chapter because it operates only as God chooses and when he chooses. Paul also said he “spoke” in tongues more than ye all (14:18). This has always caused confusion as it did in the church at Corinth because the “spirit” of the prophets are subject to the Prophets. Meaning someone can speak of their own accord in tongues and be out of line, if its not interpreted. This happens today in some churches. He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself;(1 Corinthians 14:4) So therefore, this personal gift of tongues which builds up the believer can me misused, but is Godly and was used by Paul himself. However, in the church he would rather prophecy or use the Gift (Chapter 12 ) of tongues and the interpretation that the church as a whole might be built up. Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water, if you do not understand.

I discovered the power of praying in tongues outside of a restaurant when Jerry Durant prayed for me. As I was praying, the Holy Spirit began to move in a way that I had not experienced. I could sense this was a sovereign move of God taking place and that I should let the Holy Spirit have His way. I was sitting in my truck being as comfortable as I could seeking God while my friend prayed for me. He reminded me of the Scripture which say, ” If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?” (Luke 11:13)

In my natural mind it was like I was listening to two different people carry on a conversation. My spirit would pray send words bubbling up to my brain and splashing as it seemed on the bottom side of my brain, I would then speak these one or two words through my mouth for four to five minutes in a tongue that sounded like some kind of Hebrew language. As time went on my tongue would change to a language it seemed. I didn’t understand the language in my mind, but I remained faithful to God to use the new language. Later my spirit or the Holy Spirit conveyed to me the essence of what I was speaking and this has continued now into my thirtieth year .

The main reason most Christians do not receive the gift of tongues is based upon their own expectations. The Holy Spirit is a gentleman and will never over rule a persons will. If their pastors have not taught them that it’s God’s will for them to receive it, they will in fear not know not what to expect so God will not upset them.

http://www.deliveranceministriesgroup.com

Offline Profile