Login

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:10 pm

Post subject: Is God off playing golf?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:00 pm 
Site Admin

Who's running the world?

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. (Mat 4:8-9)

Notice that Jesus doesn’t argue that the devil owns the kingdoms of this world. Most of us have a misunderstanding of “who’s running the world.” Jesus did not! Now, I am sure someone will remind me of Old Testament Scriptures that seem to indicate that God controls and runs the world. I can think of several right off the top of my mind. Jesus must have been aware of these verses. Did he have a different understanding of them than we do? He must have understood them differently in order to agree that the devil owned all the kingdoms of this world.

We are taught that the Old Testament is a school master. Things are hidden in the Old Testament to be revealed in the New Testament. Churchill once said: "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." Unfortunately this is what most of us do when truths in the New Testament are revealed.

Someone might remind me of the demons requesting to be cast into the swine, and Jesus giving them permission. However, one must remember that demons are not the devil, nor are they fallen angels. They are disembodied spirits seeking embodiment of people. They don’t seem to have a ruling role in the world, just one that seems to be strictly harassing.

At some in the future the world’s kingdoms will revert to God’s control.

And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever. (Revelation 11:15)
The four and twenty elders have this to say, “Because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned”. (Revelation 11:17) The key here is that God takes back rule from the devil, “Because Thou hast exerted Thy power”.

Moses and Jesus were in a threesome playing golf one day. Moses pulled up to the tee and drove a long one. The ball landed in the fairway, but rolled directly toward a water hazard. Quickly Moses raised his club, the water parted and it rolled to the other side, safe and sound.

Next, Jesus strolled up to the tee and hit a nice long one directly toward the same water hazard. It landed right in the center of the pond and kind of hovered over the water. Jesus casually walked out on the pond and chipped the ball onto the green.

The third guy got up and randomly whacked the ball. It headed out over the fence and into oncoming traffic on a nearby street. It bounced off a truck and hit a nearby tree. From there, it bounced onto the roof of a shack close by and rolled down into the gutter, down the drain spout, out
onto the fairway and straight toward the aforementioned pond. On the way to the pond, the ball hit a stone and bounced out over the water onto a lily pad, where it rested quietly. Suddenly a very large bullfrog jumped up on a lily pad and snatched the ball into his mouth. Just then, an eagle swooped down and grabbed the frog and flew away. As they passed over the green, the frog squealed with fright and dropped the ball, which bounced right into the cup for a hole in one.

Moses turned to Jesus and said, "I hate playing with your Dad." (author unknown)

Offline Profile